Excited!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

We have cabinets!

It's funny the things that excite us these days. Washing machines, cabinets, sheesh! Steve and I decided to meet down at our new house at lunch time today. Since they've started working on a lot of the interior of our house, they've been locking all the doors. So when we go down to check things out some evenings we aren't able to get inside anymore. Since the workers are there during the day, we can go inside and walk around. We can't stay as long as we'd like or take as many pictures as we wish (we're trying not to be the creepers), but we get to see what's going on and that satisfies us. Seeing the cabinets being installed today was surprisingly exciting! It made me so much more excited to see everything come together.

Master bathroom cabinets

Cabinets hanging out in our family room waiting for installation

Kitchen cabinets being installed. Our fridge will go right where that lady is standing and the dishwasher will be just to the right of it.

I'm not sure how we're going to make it a whole month without being able to go inside any evening. We enjoy driving down to our new neighborhood to check on our house and the progress of others.We also walked into lot 7 today, which has been locked up for a long time now, but was open today with the workers there. It's about ready for move in, which made Steve and I super jealous and super excited all at once. We're jealous that they get to move into their brand new home while we have another month to go, but super excited to eventually get to enjoy our brand new home just as they will soon.

I'm anxious to meet all our new neighbors, too. We've met some, most of whom seem pretty friendly. Many couples have young kids. All the couples we've met are older than us. I just hope we can make some new neighbor friends. I want to be able to go over to a neighbor's house for a snack or a drink spur of the moment and just hang out. Or for Steve to be able to strike up a conversation with a neighbor friend while mowing the yard. I long for a street of fun neighbors and late nights spent just hanging out on someone's porch. I hope we can find that there.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

great cabinets! as for the neighbors, well we're still waiting on those "best of neighbors" kinda moments, too! however, know that there is also joy in the solitude of being by yourself and not worrying if someone sees you run by an open window in your undies as you dash to the laundry room one morning! :)

Ms. Emmy N said...

Gorgeous cabinets!! I love the color, looks like it will be a fabulous kitchen :)