Past Due

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Monday, March 4 was your due date, little guy. Now it's Wednesday and I'm at home for our only snow day of the year. They were calling for 4-8" of wet, heavy snow today. I thought for sure you'd decide to make your debut during this storm, making your dad and I have to figure out how to get to the hospital on snow covered roads. In fact, your dad even chose to work from home today in case he needed to drive to the hospital - or maybe he just wanted an excuse to stay home, too. The storm didn't end up bringing the snow totals estimated (not even close, just like every other snow event predicted this winter). And you are still resting inside just as comfy and cozy as can be.


I'm very ready for you to greet us. Every time I pass a co-worker in the hall at school, they always comment, "You're still here?!" and it's getting old. We waited so long for our coveted March 4 date. Then it came and went. And now we are playing the waiting game and I'm getting SO anxious. Last week the doctors scheduled an induction date. We are set to go to the hospital at 9pm on March 11 to start the process. I reallllly don't want to be induced. I want the surprise of, "We need to go now!" But you've taught me it's not about what I want. So, little guy, as soon as you're ready, so are we.

3 comments:

A.K. said...

Come on little guy!! We can't wait to see pictures of you :)

Pam Gallagher said...

And your Grandma is getting impatient too! I want to hold you in my arms and find out your name! Please don't make me wait until next Tuesday!!

Ashley said...

hope he comes today before the induction! :) can't wait to meet him!