Stribling Orchard

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Last Saturday, Steve and I ventured down to Stribling Orchard in Markham, Virginia. I've always wanted to go apple picking in the fall and I decided this would be the year. It was a beautiful sunny day - quite warm actually. We drove with the windows down, looking at all the leaves that were just beginning to change colors. We had a great time enjoying the fall scenery of all the apple trees.

We picked up two paper bags and made our way into the orchard.




Unfortunately, they were all out of the apple picker poles when we arrived. Lucky for us, Steve is pretty tall, so he was able to reach a lot of apples on the trees.
This was the first apple I was able to pick.

We picked two different kinds of apples: 1 bag of York and 1 bag of Stayman. After we filled our bags, we went back to the bakery area to pay. Then we decided to browse the bakery. They had so many delicious goodies in there, we left with a lot of gifts! We bought some pumpkin butter and bleu cheese balsamic vinaigrette dressing for my mom and some sweetly spiced peach chutney for my aunt. We gifted ourselves some strawberry spread, pumpkin butter, and two warm apple cinnamon doughnuts.

It was so wonderful to spend time together enjoying a beautiful fall day.

No comments: