Apple Pie

Friday, October 22, 2010

With all of our apples from the orchard, I made lots of cinnamon applesauce, pumpkin apple spice muffins, and my first ever homemade apple pie. Okay, so it was semi homemade. I used store bought crust. I wasn't quite ready to attempt a fully homemade apple pie yet. But the filling, let me just tell you...I could eat apple pie filling all day long! I don't really care for the crust part of a pie very much, but the filling is just SO delicious.

The apple pie was so tasty, I immediately called my dad (lover of all apple pies) and invited him over for pie (and dinner) the next night. I made salad and spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner and we enjoyed some warm apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert. My dad and Corinne were our first dinner guests in our new house. Also, we were able to use our dishes we were gifted for our wedding for the first time. It was such a wonderful evening spent together. I really wish I had taken some pictures. I only wished it hadn't been a work night.

No comments: