Framing and a Roof!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

In just a short time we went from only having a foundation to actually having a "house!" We finally have a roof and we couldn't be more excited! We visited our house every evening this week! They made good progress each day, so of course we had to go check it out. We had a really big storm one day, which caused our first "flood" in our kitchen, but didn't keep the workers from framing thankfully. The roof was just about finished on Friday and the workers were there finishing it on Saturday while we visited.

Ready to pour the concrete for our basement floor and the steps up from the basement to our back yard:

Framing the basement:


The beginning of our main floor:

The rest of the main floor:

Kitchen bay window:

Beginning the upstairs (view from back with bay window):

Front view with garage. See our front door?!

And a roof! Now we don't have to worry quite so much about the weather.



I keep wishing I could leave work to visit our house during the day, so I could watch the workers actually building our house. I think it's amazing how much work they do and how quickly the framing all gets done. Luckily for me, the workers were at our house finishing up our roof on Saturday when we stopped by. I stood across the street and watched for a while. They work so quickly and perfectly; I just think it's so awesome.

I was also quite entertained with how they get pieces of wood up to the guy working on the roof:



Hopefully this coming week will bring windows and shingles!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

wow- it's going up fast! :)

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A.K. said...

soo fun! i love watching the progression!! can't believe before long there will be all your furniture and decorations in there!!!