2010 World Cup
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Last summer, Steve had tentative plans to go to South Africa for the 2010 World Cup this summer with a group of friends. Then we bought a house.
This is actually the only thing we've ever fought over. If you want to call it a fight. Steve was on a conference call last summer with all the boys and I over heard him talking about plans for South Africa and ordering tickets for the games, etc. This was right in the midst of wedding planning. I became furious. The one job I gave Steve was to plan our honeymoon and there he was talking plans about a trip for the following summer. When I overheard their conversation, I stormed out the door with my phone and did laps around our neighborhood, talking to Gill on the phone. My phone died. I continued my laps for a while longer, until I felt ready to return home. We talked things over and within a week our honeymoon was planned. Steve's South Africa trip was still in the picture, but with issues. In the long run, we both couldn't see him spending over $5000 for the trip, especially after our new home purchase.
(This is mostly for my memory's sake.)
Four of Steve's friends actually ended up going to South Africa for two weeks. The night before they were to leave, Steve said it hit him that he was a bit sad that he wouldn't be joining them. He had a few friends come over the next day to watch the USA/England game, so I bought an American flag for our yard and made a yummy cookie dessert for my wonderful husband.
We played some cornhole and enjoyed some burgers on the grill before the game started.
The soccer game ended in a tie. Could have been better, could have been worse. There was one silly goal for the US though! England's goalie basically bumped the ball into the goal allowing us to score!
This is actually the only thing we've ever fought over. If you want to call it a fight. Steve was on a conference call last summer with all the boys and I over heard him talking about plans for South Africa and ordering tickets for the games, etc. This was right in the midst of wedding planning. I became furious. The one job I gave Steve was to plan our honeymoon and there he was talking plans about a trip for the following summer. When I overheard their conversation, I stormed out the door with my phone and did laps around our neighborhood, talking to Gill on the phone. My phone died. I continued my laps for a while longer, until I felt ready to return home. We talked things over and within a week our honeymoon was planned. Steve's South Africa trip was still in the picture, but with issues. In the long run, we both couldn't see him spending over $5000 for the trip, especially after our new home purchase.
(This is mostly for my memory's sake.)
Four of Steve's friends actually ended up going to South Africa for two weeks. The night before they were to leave, Steve said it hit him that he was a bit sad that he wouldn't be joining them. He had a few friends come over the next day to watch the USA/England game, so I bought an American flag for our yard and made a yummy cookie dessert for my wonderful husband.
We played some cornhole and enjoyed some burgers on the grill before the game started.
The soccer game ended in a tie. Could have been better, could have been worse. There was one silly goal for the US though! England's goalie basically bumped the ball into the goal allowing us to score!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment