Punta Cana Part 2

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

More pictures from vacation 2008: Punta Cana

On our balcony before dinner

The train that ran around our resort
My favorite tree!

Walking down to the beach
I love the beach at sunset :)
Classic self-portrait, what's a trip without one?!
Blow-up volleyball courtAnother pool view

Hanging out on one of the swings - they really had all kinds of seats ALL over the resort (in addition to the beds, of course)

Testing out the lobby beds - they were ALWAYS occupied so we had to take advantage of an open bed for a photo op
Dinner at the Japanese Steakhouse - the BEST restaurant on the resort by far!

My cash monies I won from roulette!
Really cool (homemade?) boat plane

On our last day Steve decided it would be a good idea to walk about 3 miles down the beach. It was pretty hot! We almost made it to that point waaaay out in the distance (in the picture below) where the land curves to the left right under that little cotton ball cloud. (and this picture was taken part way through our walk!)

Looking back toward our resort partway down our walk
There's that point again...a little closer!

The water was SO clear
There was PINK sand!
Dinner at the Italian restaurant
All of the food is so beautifully presented! Our meals at the Dominican restaurant:
The "$63" ring I got for $20 :)

This guy was awesome! He painted these portraits upsidedown and flipped them around when he was done...can you tell who they are?
Steve enjoyed playing with my camera...
Steve, sad to leave on our last day
The Punta Cana airport...it was almost all outdoor huts with big fans
Our tiny airplane we flew to Puerto Rico
Sorry about the overload of Steve and Melissa pictures! I know there's a lot...but nobody else came with us, so who were we supposed to take pictures of?! I guess we could have photographed the men in their lovely speedos or some women sporting their thong bikinis or topless tanning, but I chose not to capture THOSE memories on camera. I think you can get the gist without pictures, right?!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

you look exactly like your mom in the first pic, i had to do a double take! i'm glad that you're back in town so now we can hang out:) have fun at in the obx!

A.K. said...

those are great pictures!!! i love the water ones. how's adjusting back to reality?! at least it's still summertime!