The Joys of Kindergarten
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Today I took my first sick day in the real world. While I love teaching kindergarten and love all my kids, I don't so much love all the germs that come with the job. Although, I'd say making it to February before taking a sick day is a pretty good accomplishment, right?! Not to say I haven't been sick yet this year...I've certainly had my fair share (and then some!) of sicknesses, but I toughed them all out thus far. Today, I couldn't do it. Too bad it's almost more work to not go to work than it is to show up sick! Sub plans can be such a pain. Thankfully I have such wonderful team members who do take very good care of me. I was quite the sight all day today. My lazy sick self lounged on the couch in my pj's watching TV all day long, in and out of sleep. I had a doctor's appointment at 2pm and was in no shape at all to drive, so thankfully my very loving boyfriend answersed my crying phone call and was able to leave work for a bit to take me to the doctor. Thanks, Steve! Let me tell you, when we got back he also brought me a big glass of water to keep me hydrated, made me a bowl of ice cream to get me to eat, and turned on the TV to let me watch some Ellen (love her!). He's SO great. I'm feeling much better now, but am taking another sick day tomorrow (2 in a row...I know!) to rest up and take care of myself.
Sorry I don't have any fun pictures to post! I know pictures are the best part. I promise pictures with my next post :-)
P.S. Wash your hands and stay away from the yucky germs!
Sorry I don't have any fun pictures to post! I know pictures are the best part. I promise pictures with my next post :-)
P.S. Wash your hands and stay away from the yucky germs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
5 comments:
i'm impressed- i only made it to the middle of Dec. before having my first sick day! Get better- what a sweet boyfriend with the ice cream!!
Aww... get better soon!! I took one ahhh a long time ago. haha! I also just took one Tuesday but that was a mental health day. Any longer without a break and I would have killed a kid! hehe! Steve is great! He's a keeper!
you are so right! i'd rather go to school sick then have to write up sub plans! luckily (knock on wood), i have made it this far without having to take a sick day! but i'm right with megan and will probably be taking a mental health day sometime soon! you're so lucky to have a guy like steve!:)
so excited to see you in the blogverse! hooray for ece girls staying in touch!
get well soon! :)
i knew i spoke too soon! i've spent the whole weekend in bed sick! i guess i'm "lucky" that it was over the weekend and tomorrow is a short day! hope you're feeling better:)
Post a Comment