The Awakening

Thursday, January 31, 2008

So I heard my favorite statue had been sold a while ago and wasn't sure if it had actually been moved yet or not. I decided the other weekend that I wanted to play with my camera and the statue would be a great place to go. I looked it up to see if it was still at Hains Point and sure enough it hasn't been moved yet! So I dragged Steve along and then got a phone call from a family friend whose daughter I babysit all the time asking if I could babysit for a couple hours, so it ended up being an extra fun trip! Sayde Mae, Steve and I piled in the car and headed out. Here are some pictures of our super fun day :-)

The statue in its entirety

The face

Sayde Mae posing with the giant foot

My cuties with the hand


A lady offered to take a picture of our "family," sure why not?!

"You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!"

Gotcha!

A little bike riding fun


Playing with my camera, a pretty cool picture if I say so myself


Of course, Polly Pocket had to make an appearance


Sayde's photography debut, she's pretty good don't you think??


Sorry my first "real" post is so long. I took a lot of pictures (hence the purpose of the trip) and it was so hard to choose which ones to share! The statue is called The Awakening and I'm sad to say that it has now been moved from Hains Point :-( It will now be located at the new National Harbor. While at Hains Point the statue was not anatomically correct, so when they move it they will place the left knee correctly. This article shows a picture of the silly knee.

P.S. I'm still learning about posting...the spacing is so crazy, it has a mind of its own!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Sayde Mae really does like look like she can be yours and Steve's child! What a cute "family"!

The Laci's said...

Hey! Great pictures! Love the "family" picture!! Where is that statue? My new # is 337-378-9202. Call me so we can catch up!

A.K. said...

great job on the new blog! welcome! Love the family picture- hah! sometimes it is better to just go along then explain! let's figure out a time to do a dinner with everyone- I told kristie- i'm free any night but Wed!