More Snow!
Friday, February 5, 2010
I'm sitting at home, as schools are closed today in anticipation of the 20"+ of snow the weather peeps are predicting. Two huge snowstorms in one winter?! I'm so excited! Steve and I went to the grocery store late Wednesday night to get a few baking supplies for the snowed-in days thinking we were at least a little ahead of the game and can you believe the shelves were already completely cleared of their milk selection?! Not just the gallon of 2% we were looking for....everything!
I ran out this morning to grab a few extra supplies so that I have plenty to keep me busy. Steve went into work for a half day, but we are now hunkered down and ready for the accumulation to begin! I plan to do some baking, check out the many paint swatches we picked up from Home Depot for our new house, catch up on my DVR shows, and continue working on my 2009 blog book! All the while, I will keep my blinds open and watch the beautiful snow fall :-)
I think we're pretty well prepared except for the fact that we still don't own a snow shovel! Who would have thought we would have needed it so many times this winter? After the huge snowstorm in December, I told Steve we ought to buy one. He said we should just wait until next winter since we already had all the snow. So I listened to him and we didn't buy one. But now here we are anticipating huge amounts of snow and there's not a snow shovel to be found anywhere in the area. Luckily, Steve's parents had a few extras that we could borrow to dig ourselves out. You better believe the next time I spot a snow shovel in any store, I'm snatching it right up!
I ran out this morning to grab a few extra supplies so that I have plenty to keep me busy. Steve went into work for a half day, but we are now hunkered down and ready for the accumulation to begin! I plan to do some baking, check out the many paint swatches we picked up from Home Depot for our new house, catch up on my DVR shows, and continue working on my 2009 blog book! All the while, I will keep my blinds open and watch the beautiful snow fall :-)
I think we're pretty well prepared except for the fact that we still don't own a snow shovel! Who would have thought we would have needed it so many times this winter? After the huge snowstorm in December, I told Steve we ought to buy one. He said we should just wait until next winter since we already had all the snow. So I listened to him and we didn't buy one. But now here we are anticipating huge amounts of snow and there's not a snow shovel to be found anywhere in the area. Luckily, Steve's parents had a few extras that we could borrow to dig ourselves out. You better believe the next time I spot a snow shovel in any store, I'm snatching it right up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment