Super Bowl XLIV

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

For the Super Bowl, Steve and I ventured out to Mahoney's place in Arlington. We braved the terrible roads and made it over there, but the neighborhood roads are really bad. Especially the hill on Mahoney's street. We parked at the top of the hill and walked so that the car wouldn't get stuck on the icy hill later in the night. We enjoyed lots of delicious food. Too much. We had homemade guacamole that was SOOOO good! Spaghetti with homemade sauce and fresh noodles - not really Super Bowl food, but we're stuck in a blizzard, we did what we could! Pigs in a blanket, rice krispie treats, Valentine's cupcakes, and sugar cookies. Can you tell I've had lots of free time with all this no school business?!

The best part...together, Steve and I won $456!!! Steve had put together a website with 20 prop questions to follow throughout the game. The most fun question by far was whether Carrie Underwood's version of the National Anthem would be over or under 1 minute 42 seconds. You should have seen us all yelling at her on the TV to hold her notes! The prop questions made the game even more fun to follow as we had different things to root for...and the best part...I got first place!! I won $156!! And Steve won $300 in squares at the end of the third quarter! We were quite happy with that :)  Also, Mahoney won $125 in squares at the end of the second quarter. It was quite exciting!!

No comments: