Snow Storm!
Sunday, December 20, 2009
The weathermen were calling for 10-20" of snow and for the first time ever they were RIGHT! Our final measurement at our house was 18"! It started snowing around 8:45pm on Friday night.
Thanks to all this snow, our three days of school before winter break are canceled! Now I can really get in the Christmas spirit! Hopefully I'll be able to make it out of my house soon to finish up a little last minute shopping.
We were so excited to see this much snow:
Before we went to bed Friday night, we were up to 3 inches.
When we woke up Saturday morning, we had 9.75" of snow!
By noon, we were at 11.75" with no end in sight!
We've enjoyed two days of being snowed in so far. Yesterday I made waffles for breakfast, baked sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies (both from scratch!), did some laundry, walked around the neighborhood, wrapped some presents, watched Made of Honor, and had an overall great day!Gallows Road!
This car got stuck in our neighborhood more than once and we had to help push him. I'm not sure what was so important to be traveling on such treacherous roads in his little Camry!
By 4:30pm on Saturday, we were at 15.5" and had to switch to a new ruler for our measurements.
Christmasy sugar cookies (that one is supposed to look like a snowman).
Our final measurement of the night was 18" exactly. That's A LOT of snow!
Today we made scrambled eggs for breakfast, did lots of shoveling, a little more laundry, and walked to Sweetwater for dinner! Steve and I borrowed a snow shovel from a neighbor to dig our cars out a little bit this afternoon. Not that we wanted to drive anywhere, watching the silly people who thought it was a good idea to drive in all this snow was enough for us, but we just wanted to clear our cars out for when we did need to get out. A car in our parking lot:
Stuck cars, people shoveling, snow everywhere, it was crazy in our neighborhood:
Looks like this car got stuck in the middle of the road last night and gave up and put it in park:
The stop light sensors wouldn't activate due to the amount of snow on the road, so these crazy peeps were running red lights like crazy.
This guy forgot to finish cleaning off his car and forgot to put his wipers down. These crazy people are the reason I stay inside on days like this...even though I have 4WD!
Thanks to all this snow, our three days of school before winter break are canceled! Now I can really get in the Christmas spirit! Hopefully I'll be able to make it out of my house soon to finish up a little last minute shopping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

























Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
3 comments:
why are there so many people who just insist on getting out in this weather? today i saw a man in a little car drive up our street in REVERSE just to get out! madness:)
Hahaha! I keep saying to Steve, "If their tires spin when they're trying to get out of their parking spot, why do think it's a good idea to keep going?"
yay! i love that you baked- my kinda girl! :) those pictures are awesome. you need to make an album of this year- save newspaper clippings, print pictures, etc.- to remember forever!
Post a Comment