First Snow

Saturday, December 5, 2009

About a month or so ago, the weathermen were talking on the morning news about the snow forecast for this winter. They mentioned that we had an ongoing pattern of the first significant snowfall of the winter falling on December 5 every other year. The pattern went something like this: December 5, January 27, December 5, January 22, so in order to keep the pattern going we were to have our first significant snowfall on December 5 this year. The weathermen didn't predict it would happen, but I thought it would be pretty cool if it did.

A few days before December 5, there was mention of snow flurries in the upcoming forecast. I was optimistic that we really would have our first significant snowfall actually occur on December 5, just to keep the pattern going. While today is a Saturday and the snow doesn't do any good for me work wise, we did in fact have our first snowfall (and it was pretty significant) on December 5. And it was so beautiful.

Sorry, the only picture I have of the snow is in the dark. I was too busy being a giddy little kid that I forgot to take a picture until night time. But take my word for it, it was beautiful. And the snowflakes were HUGE!


No comments: