Halloween
Saturday, November 8, 2008
In kindergarten, we do a really big unit on pumpkins in the fall. At the end of our pumpkin unit, we cut open a pumpkin to look inside and scoop out the seeds and pulp. After we're done learning about the pumpkin, we make a jack-o-lantern :-)
One of my kids taking his turn scooping out some seeds (I would share more pictures, but this is the only one that doesn't actually show any of their faces)
Since we can't celebrate Halloween at school, each year we have a Treat Night at school on the Monday evening before Halloween. The kids can come dressed up and there are crafts, a cake walk, a fun house, a haunted house, games, etc. The three kindergarten teachers dressed up together:
I know...my box is pretty lame. We didn't have enough time to find lots of sticks to glue on! And my ears look more like rabbit ears than pig ears...but you get the gist!

The jack-o-lantern that I made with my class and Steve's much better pumpkin that was finished just in time for Halloween night
Eager for some trick-or-treaters.
One of my kids taking his turn scooping out some seeds (I would share more pictures, but this is the only one that doesn't actually show any of their faces)
Since we can't celebrate Halloween at school, each year we have a Treat Night at school on the Monday evening before Halloween. The kids can come dressed up and there are crafts, a cake walk, a fun house, a haunted house, games, etc. The three kindergarten teachers dressed up together:
I know...my box is pretty lame. We didn't have enough time to find lots of sticks to glue on! And my ears look more like rabbit ears than pig ears...but you get the gist!---------------------------------------------------------------------
Steve carving his awesome pumpkin

The jack-o-lantern that I made with my class and Steve's much better pumpkin that was finished just in time for Halloween night

Eager for some trick-or-treaters.

We only had about 18 kids come by and they came in very sporadic spurts. I was hoping for lots of kids to come out to share our full bowl of candy. I kept telling the kids to take a handful so that we could get rid of the candy...we still have half a bowl left. Want some?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
4 comments:
what a cute idea for costumes!!! i love Steve's pumpkin- I'm horrible at cutting them and can barely get a good face on them.
ps- i just had to throw away our leftovers yesterday because I was the only one that kept eating it!
How cute are you two!? I love the costume and the pumpkins are great! I too was eager for trick or treaters and then I got invited to a football game so I left the candy outside for the kids... maybe next year. Anyway, loved the post! I will be in NOVA Nov 22 for about a week so call me!
Random question, how did you make the banner for the top of your blog?! I want to make one but can't figure it out
So I got my banner made in Word but how do I group all the stuff together to make it one image? I am REAL slow when it comes to the computer and def. did not pay attention enough in Technology class...=)
Post a Comment