National Harbor

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Steve's been watching the progress of the new National Harbor for a long time now. If you remember from one of my very early posts about my favorite sculpture, The Awakening...this is where it was relocated. A few weekends ago we decided to take the water taxi from Old Town Alexandria over to National Harbor to check it out and enjoy dinner.

The inside of the water taxi

The view out the window


The Cherry Blossom boat

Standing at the front of the water taxi

Ready for our ride

The Woodrow Wilson Bridge with National Harbor in the distance


National Harbor

Gaylord National Hotel (wow!)

Inside the Gaylord

There was a big jazz concert going on near The Awakening, so unfortunately I didn't get to take any pictures of it in its new home. Also, National Harbor is coming along a little slower than I thought in some aspects. A lot of the restaurants were not open yet and the ones that were, well they were quite expensive. So we decided to check it all out and then we took the water taxi back to Old Town and enjoyed a nice dinner at one of our favorite little places: Bugsy's.

I think we'll wait to go back to National Harbor once the restaurant Ketchup opens. I mean...it's pretty much my favorite condiment, so I have to eat there, right?!

2 comments:

A.K. said...

gorgeous pictures!!! how's school going?!

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.