Cookie Exchange

Sunday, December 12, 2010

I was invited to our first ever neighborhood cookie exchange. Of course, I decided I had to go so I could meet some more of our new neighbors. But then I was totally overwhelmed with the number of cookies I was supposed to bring and when in the world was I supposed to make over four dozen cookies?! I decided to take Friday off from work and spend the day baking away since the substitute that I love was available to cover my class.

My cookie of choice was snickerdoodles. I decided to also make Holly Leaf treats to decorate my plate.

It was a fun way to meet some other neighbors. There were tons of cookies, including rum balls, chocolate crinkles, peanut butter blossoms, Italian almond cookies, Russian tea cookies, and many more! Steve couldn't wait for me to come home so that he could sample my huge platter of assorted cookies!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

love those holly garnishes! yummy! :)

Elizabeth said...

The holly is soo cute!!

I went to a cookie exchange last night and we have to make 10 dozen cookies...it was nuts! It took forever because I had a little "helper" stirring, testing and baking with me =) But isn't it worth it in the end because you have all sorts of good stuff to take home!!