Christmas Celebrations

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The weekend before Christmas, we traveled up to Pennsylvania with Steve's parents to visit some of his family. Surprisingly, I didn't take any pictures! We enjoyed great food at his aunt's house, visited his cousins' houses, and opened presents. It was just a one night trip, but an enjoyable start to our Christmas celebrations.

On Christmas Eve, we went to church with my dad and Corinne. After church we went over to Steve's parents house for a delicious dinner and exchanged presents. His dad built a fire in the fireplace and we played a few games of pool. I guess I was having so much fun, I forgot to take pictures again! Except I did take a picture of the huge fire in the fireplace.

We woke up in our new house on Christmas morning and immediately started making some monkey bread (our very own annual tradition). While the monkey bread was in the oven, we exchanged gifts with each other.



Steve's big gifts this year were a breadmaker (which we've used 3 times already!), a watch, two pairs of dress pants, and two dress shirts. My big gifts were a watch, a tripod, and a North Face fleece.
We got a few other fun gifts, too...like a scarf and a can of Arnold Palmer :)
After we opened presents and ate monkey bread, we headed to my Aunt Sue's house. We ate a big lunch and then opened tons of presents.

Ironically, I don't have a picture, but I received the BEST present ever from my mom: a new camera! I had no idea she bought it for me. It's been on my wish list, but I simply asked for some money to put toward the camera. I never expected to actually receive the camera!! We also play a family gift swap game...Steve picked a buffet warming tray (which nobody chose to steal) and I ended up with an awesome solar lantern (that I might leave inside as a decoration) and a cute doormat because Aunt Sue stole my gift from me, so I stole the lantern and doormat from Aunt Theresa. Fun!



In the evening, Steve and I headed to Aunt Diana's to have Christmas with my dad. We ate a delicious dinner in our traditional style.




And opened more presents.
We bought my dad tickets to the US Open.

We wrapped a candycane of kisses full of cash for Chris.

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

No comments: