Hello!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wow, it's been a while. I am SO tired of looking at that picture of those nasty termites. I'm so very, very sorry for leaving it at the top for so long!

The story: I was doing laundry one evening and something flew in front of my face. I swatted it away and looked to my left only to find that huge swarm of insects! Naturally, I screamed and called for Steve (that's what husbands are for, right?!). We decided we needed to take care of them the fastest way possible. I pulled out some Raid for ants and roaches and we sprayed all over. They slowly stopped flying all over the place. I thought they were just flying ants and were somehow invading our laundry room, I just wasn't quite sure why/how they chose that room. After calling my mom to tell her she wouldn't believe what just happened, she mentioned maybe they're termites. Really?! I googled termites. Gross. I zoomed in on a picture I had taken. Sure enough, those boogers looked exactly like the google images for flying termites. Within a few days our maintenance peeps had it taken care of. But you better believe every time I step foot in that room, I look to my left just to be sure a swarm of flying termites isn't ready to attack.

In more interesting news...we are anticipating the breaking of ground for our house this week!! It's a little later than we were hoping (we were optimistically hoping they would be ahead of schedule), but we're technically still on schedule. We.can't.wait. Ahhh!!!!  Every day one of us finds some reason to say, "I can't wait for our new house!" In money saving news, we are still doing an excellent job. Most times it's fun to try and be creative in figuring out foods to buy, dinners to cook, cutting coupons, things to do on the weekends, lunches to pack, etc. but at times it can be a little bit frustrating. Luckily, we're both totally in money saving mode, so it's working out well.

Sorry I don't have any pictures to post at this moment, I just wanted to get rid of those nasty pests!

No comments: