Cherry Blossoms
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Steve and I were hoping to go see the Cherry Blossoms in DC on Monday while he was off, but unfortunately the weather didn't quite cooperate and we didn't want to venture down in the misty rain. We wanted to go see the beautiful blossoms, so we went into DC on the Metro Thursday evening. We made it just before sunset, so we were able to see the trees for just a bit. This made for difficult picture taking opportunities though, so I used the time to experiment with my camera a little. It was tough because the flash was too harsh, but no flash was too dark. I played around with some manual settings, but I really wish I had an SLR so I could have more options. I've had one on my wish list on Amazon for a while now. Maybe one day...
I've enjoyed relaxing over spring break, but I really don't know where all the time went! Steve and I got up early today and went to the 7:30am service with Steve's parents at their church and then out to breakfast. Then we rode with my mom and step dad down to Charlottesville for an Easter lunch with my grandparents. We had a great day with family - now it's back to school tomorrow.
This is one of my favorites. I have read a little about silhouette shots, but this was my first time trying my skills on my camera. I was pretty impressed for my first time, especially since I had to take quite a few pictures since I didn't have a tripod and also people kept passing in front of me. I had to stand really still and brace my elbows against my body to keep it from being blurry. It was definitely fun learning to shoot in different lighting! Next time maybe Steve's head won't blend in with the horizon, whoops!


I've enjoyed relaxing over spring break, but I really don't know where all the time went! Steve and I got up early today and went to the 7:30am service with Steve's parents at their church and then out to breakfast. Then we rode with my mom and step dad down to Charlottesville for an Easter lunch with my grandparents. We had a great day with family - now it's back to school tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
1 comment:
Beautiful pic's Melissa!
Post a Comment