Helen and Mallory
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Helen was my college roommate freshmen and sophomore years. Mallory was my college roommate for junior and senior years. As everyone knows, it is sometimes difficult for girls to live together. These girls were both SO pleasant. I always had a great time with each of them. We knew how to talk to each other so that no fights ever occured, we would hang out together all the time, share errands together, eat meals together, etc. I couldn't have asked for better company.
While I knew I wanted to ask each of them to be a bridesmaid, I was running out of cute creative ideas. Mallory is currently living in San Diego, so I had to think of a way I could ask her long distance. Steve decided he was going to make some type of tshirt to ask his three groomsmen. One of which is also currently living in San Diego and another lives in Nashsville. It sounded like a good idea, so we both made our own tshirts to send out (which turned out to be a learning experience...definitely have a tester shirt if you try to make shirts...we burned the first few decals we tried ironing on!) Who doesn't love getting surprise packages in the mail?!

Front of groomsmen shirts
Left: Brian went to UVA, so of course VT is better!
Middle: this one is for Russ and he's...well, he's just Russ.
Right: Kevin loves Duke. The ironic thing - he received his shirt just after Duke basketball lost to UNC
While I knew I wanted to ask each of them to be a bridesmaid, I was running out of cute creative ideas. Mallory is currently living in San Diego, so I had to think of a way I could ask her long distance. Steve decided he was going to make some type of tshirt to ask his three groomsmen. One of which is also currently living in San Diego and another lives in Nashsville. It sounded like a good idea, so we both made our own tshirts to send out (which turned out to be a learning experience...definitely have a tester shirt if you try to make shirts...we burned the first few decals we tried ironing on!) Who doesn't love getting surprise packages in the mail?!
The front of the girls' tshirts

Front of groomsmen shirts
Left: Brian went to UVA, so of course VT is better!
Middle: this one is for Russ and he's...well, he's just Russ.
Right: Kevin loves Duke. The ironic thing - he received his shirt just after Duke basketball lost to UNC

Everyone loved their shirt and we were really happy with how they turned out. Now that we have our wedding party we need to get back to some of the actual wedding planning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
4 comments:
you are quite the clever one- i love all your ideas! can't wait to see all the wedding planning after these fun things!!!
Fun stuff!!
such cute ideas!
Hi! I am so happy you made me your friend on your blog. I am new to this and got so excited. What a cute idea. I cannot wait to read about more fun ideas!
Post a Comment