Gillian

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Gillian and I have been best friends since kindergarten. After being friends that long it's pretty much common knowledge that she would be my Maid of Honor some day, right? Right. Well, that some day is quickly approaching and while we both knew she'd be my Maid of Honor without even discussing it, I knew I still had to formally ask her. But the question was: HOW?

I thought about reusing the dress I gave to Rebecca, but Christmas had passed and it just wouldn't be as great of a presentation without another reason to be giving a gift and without a bunch of people around to watch her open it. I thought about making a collage of us. Then I thought...I want to give her flowers. I always love receiving flowers, what girl doesn't?! Flowers always brighten any day. But I didn't want to JUST give flowers. I wanted to make them personal.

I LOVE gerbera daisies, so I decided that would be my flower of choice. But that still wasn't personal enough. Then I started looking through pictures of us from when we were younger. I found some pretty cute ones, ones that brought back vivid memories, and some that just plain made me laugh.

I chose a picture to tie to the flowers to help with the personalization. It is a picture from my birthday party when I was probably about 10 years old. I had some friends over to my house and we were doing each others' hair. You remember those days, right?

Gill's bouquet

"Please help me with my style when I walk down the aisle"

An updated picture because I just couldn't leave you with that last one

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I wish I thought of fun ways to ask all of my girls!!

Very creative =)

How many girls do you have in your wedding party?