Gill's Baby Showers
Friday, March 27, 2009
My best friend, Gill, is pregnant and due ANY day now. I have been loving shopping for baby things. Steve constantly has to pull me away from the baby section at Target.
Since Gill already had three showers planned, I did not host one for her. However, I had to fulfill my best friend duties and attend all.three.showers.
Unfortunately, my camera had a major malfunction at the first shower (and by far the best shower - all the girl friends), so I didn't get many pictures. I did however manage to capture a picture of the super fun diaper cake I made:
It was SO easy to make and only took about an hour or so. The base is a cheap pizza pan from Target and in the center is a bottle of champagne (for the new parents to celebrate!) which I used as the base to circle the diapers around. (I won a huge bottle of red wine and a set of four stemless wine glasses for my effort with the diaper cake!)

Since Gill already had three showers planned, I did not host one for her. However, I had to fulfill my best friend duties and attend all.three.showers.
Unfortunately, my camera had a major malfunction at the first shower (and by far the best shower - all the girl friends), so I didn't get many pictures. I did however manage to capture a picture of the super fun diaper cake I made:
It was SO easy to make and only took about an hour or so. The base is a cheap pizza pan from Target and in the center is a bottle of champagne (for the new parents to celebrate!) which I used as the base to circle the diapers around. (I won a huge bottle of red wine and a set of four stemless wine glasses for my effort with the diaper cake!)The only picture of the new-mom-to-be from the first shower

The second shower was hosted by Jeff's sister and included mostly Jeff's family and friends. This shower was also really fun and Gill received tons of awesome gifts! I won a gift bag with Godiva chocolate goodies for the closest estimate of the number of diapers in a huge tupperware bin (teaching estimation in kindergarten has its pluses!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment