Kids say the darndest things...
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
I have a really chatty class this year, but the kids have been REALLY chatty this week (Halloween is coming, so it's a no-brainer, but still...). I was at the end of my rope today and all I wanted was the kids to listen for just a few minutes to directions so they could go do their work. So of course I start lecturing them about how when we're on the carpet we need to sit quietly and be ready to listen, we have to follow the rules, sit criss-cross applesauce, quiet mouths, eyes on the teacher, yadda yadda yadda... And then we had to sit quiet for one minute to practice.
So while we're sitting quietly (and I am SO frustrated), one little boy raises his hand (who will cry at the smallest problem) and I was thinking he was going to start crying and say he wasn't talking. So in my most frustrated voice I say, "Yes, Nathan..." To which he sits quiet looking at me for two seconds and all the sudden blurts out, "I love you." And then looks so embarrassed as though he didn't even realize that's what came out of his mouth. And then I melted.
Kids. You gotta love 'em.
So while we're sitting quietly (and I am SO frustrated), one little boy raises his hand (who will cry at the smallest problem) and I was thinking he was going to start crying and say he wasn't talking. So in my most frustrated voice I say, "Yes, Nathan..." To which he sits quiet looking at me for two seconds and all the sudden blurts out, "I love you." And then looks so embarrassed as though he didn't even realize that's what came out of his mouth. And then I melted.
Kids. You gotta love 'em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment