Well, we're movin' on up...
Friday, March 28, 2008
to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky. Well, kind of. We decided we wanted to move out of our parents' houses sometime this summer. We started looking at places about a month ago. We were just browsing, taking our time, weighing our options (location, pricing, size, you know). We started to narrow down our search and start looking more seriously. We found a nice community in a GREAT location for BOTH of us, which is exactly what we were hoping for. We wanted a middleground so that we would each kind of be equidistant from work. This particular community had the best location, so next was price and size. This particular place also had great options as far as size goes. We could choose from an apartment to a terrace to a townhouse. We decided on the terrace (the price was good, too). For those who don't know (I didn't know when we first heard), a terrace is basically an apartment, it's like the bottom floor of a townhouse. It's a little confusing, so you'll just have to come visit!
(NOTE: the outdoor pictures are of our actual unit, but the indoor pictures are of the model we toured - but ours should look exactly the same inside.)

Our cute place (So here's a terrace. That's our door and we just have the bottom floor. There is a door on the other side of our place to enter into the two-floor townhouse that is above us.)

View from the entrance
(the living room is much bigger than it looks, it's actually quite a spacious little place)

Master closet
Second bedroom (about the same size as the master bedroom)
(NOTE: the outdoor pictures are of our actual unit, but the indoor pictures are of the model we toured - but ours should look exactly the same inside.)
Our courtyard (we're the white house in the back corner)

Our cute place (So here's a terrace. That's our door and we just have the bottom floor. There is a door on the other side of our place to enter into the two-floor townhouse that is above us.)

View from the entrance
(the living room is much bigger than it looks, it's actually quite a spacious little place)

Master closet

Second bedroom (about the same size as the master bedroom)

Our bay window and front door

Our move-in date is set for May 30. We are excited to have found such a great place and continue to be more and more excited about moving in! Come visit! :-)
P.S. Sorry to leave you all hanging for so long (the few of you that actually read this)! I know how boring it gets when you check back and there are no updates. I'm trying to be better, I promise. I just need to start taking more pictures so I feel like I actually have something to blog about!
P.S. Sorry to leave you all hanging for so long (the few of you that actually read this)! I know how boring it gets when you check back and there are no updates. I'm trying to be better, I promise. I just need to start taking more pictures so I feel like I actually have something to blog about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
6 comments:
i'm so glad that you posted pics of your new place! i cannot wait to come see it in person!
umm I left a comment and now it is gone : ( where did it go?
Ok... I will repost it...
How cute! Your new home is perfect! I can't wait to come visit : ) I know how excited you must be because we are just as excited to move into our new home. Sounds like life is going great for you! I miss you carpool buddy (and Elizabeth)! Keep us updated!
what an adorable little place-- i am so jealous! john and i still don't have a place to live (as we have no idea where his job is transferring him next OR if we'll follow!) but i can live vicariously through you. i can't wait to see how you decorate the place-- i know it will be super cute! :)
i may be dumb, but who are you moving in with?! what a cute place?! i'm looking forward to decorating my new house again in 6 weeks- feel like i just put the finishing touches on this one! oh well, welcome to the military i guess!
looks great! We are moving the end of May too. Moving is soo stressful but at least when it is done it is worth it! I hope you enjoy the new place!
Post a Comment