Mother's Day
Monday, May 13, 2013
It was a little surreal getting to celebrate Mother's Day this year. I always dreamed of being a mom, but I had no idea the struggles I would go through to fulfill my dream. I'm thankful every single day for this sweet baby boy that I get to call my own. I'm thankful for the baby items littered in every single room of my home. For all the moments I spend holding and staring at such a peaceful little being and ignoring my ever-growing to-do list. For a husband that makes me feel like I am the best mom in the whole entire world.
Mother's Day might just be my new favorite holiday. Steve made it such a special day, making sure we did only things that I wanted. He gave me a lovely card, a bouquet of flowers, and a dress. I have been wanting a new dress to wear to Charlie's baptism in a few weeks so he went dress shopping for me! Unfortunately, it was a little too tight and much too short. One of my requests for Mother's Day was some dress shopping time (not knowing Steve had already been on the lookout), so we'd just have to hunt for another. For breakfast, he made pancakes and bacon. I'm pretty sure he's become the best pancake maker ever. Then we spent the afternoon browsing shops in the new Mosaic District in search of a new dress. We had ice cream on the lawn, sitting in the sunshine. (If only it would stop being SO darn windy the weather would have been perfect.) He made it very clear that I was not to touch any laundry and was not allowed to wash a single dish. I was to relax and enjoy my requested family day. I love family days and this one was extra special.
I am crazy in love with you, baby Charlie, and I'm so excited for you to teach me all about being a mom.
Mother's Day might just be my new favorite holiday. Steve made it such a special day, making sure we did only things that I wanted. He gave me a lovely card, a bouquet of flowers, and a dress. I have been wanting a new dress to wear to Charlie's baptism in a few weeks so he went dress shopping for me! Unfortunately, it was a little too tight and much too short. One of my requests for Mother's Day was some dress shopping time (not knowing Steve had already been on the lookout), so we'd just have to hunt for another. For breakfast, he made pancakes and bacon. I'm pretty sure he's become the best pancake maker ever. Then we spent the afternoon browsing shops in the new Mosaic District in search of a new dress. We had ice cream on the lawn, sitting in the sunshine. (If only it would stop being SO darn windy the weather would have been perfect.) He made it very clear that I was not to touch any laundry and was not allowed to wash a single dish. I was to relax and enjoy my requested family day. I love family days and this one was extra special.
I am crazy in love with you, baby Charlie, and I'm so excited for you to teach me all about being a mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
1 comment:
BEAUTIFUL Melissa! It brought tears to my eyes. Charlie is one lucky little boy.
Post a Comment