Playing Catch Up

Saturday, December 1, 2012

While we have been pretty dedicated to taking weekly pregnancy photos, I have been a major slacker in blogging them. Since I last left you with photos from 17 weeks, I have a lot of updating to do!

Most days I'm still in disbelief that I'm actually carrying around a growing human being. I always imagined I'd have every worst pregnancy symptom ever. Luckily, I have had it pretty easy so far. So much so that I keep asking Steve, "Is this real?!"
In the very beginning I was SO TIRED! During the first trimester, I would wake up in the morning, eat breakfast, hang out around the house, and by 10am (after not really doing much of anything) I was completely exhausted and would crash on the couch for an hour. Or three. I was also terrified of morning sickness and read everywhere that I shouldn't let myself get hungry, so I basically stuffed my face all of the time. Then I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office and decided I needed to cool it. The only real craving I can recall is white rice. I wanted lots of it. One day I wanted to drive down the street to the local Chinese restaurant just to order a box of white rice. I didn't do it because even I thought that was a little crazy, but I really wanted to. I also liked eating lots of pasta. Basically all carbs to ward off any nausea that might feel like creeping in on me. I only endured a few bouts of nausea that would last 5 minutes or so and then pass. I was SO grateful.

The second trimester has pretty much been by the book. I have lots of energy and even commented to Steve that I feel better at this stage of pregnancy than I do regularly. This could in part be due to my job change (that I'm LOVING), but I'm going to go ahead and credit the pregnancy. Also, please don't judge the bare belly photo. I promise that's the only day during our vacation that I wore a bikini. I wore maternity "Mom" tankinis all the other days. But all the pregnant girls we saw were rocking the bikini so I did it one day, too. I was so self-conscious the whole day, but I'm also proud of my growing baby and not afraid to show it!

I'm approaching the third trimester quickly. One minute I think March 4 still seems so far away and the next minute I panic thinking March 4 will be here in no time. Hopefully I will be able to post updates a little more regularly during these last three months. In the meantime, I hope baby boy Mincemoyer stops being so lazy and starts kicking more frequently. I love those little baby kicks!

3 comments:

A.K. said...

Yay for baby boy!!! Ur belly is so cute :) ps- Anna's bday is march 3- a good time of year to have a bday!

Heather said...

you look fantastic! congrats melissa!

Ashley said...

you look absolutely wonderful! Your baby belly is the perfect little round belly- I love it! :)