Telling My Parents

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Over the summer, I met my dad a couple mornings a week to walk around Lake Accotink. One morning we decided that while my dad and I were out for our walk, Steve would come by and hang a banner that I made on his front door to surprise him on our return.

It took my dad a few minutes to notice the sign on the front door since he was busy talking to and playing with his squirrel friends in the front yard.

Proud Grandpa!


He was definitely surprised and couldn't wait to call everyone. He said he wasn't going to be able to stop smiling the rest of the day.




We went over to my Mom and Dave's house that evening. My Mom LOVED our wedding cake, so I called our cake lady and asked her to make me a small cake for the occasion. Little did we know, my Mom would end up in the emergency room the night before with a major migraine. Luckily, she was sent home and feeling much better by the time we went over. We told her we brought her a cake to make her feel better - little did she know the surprise that was waiting for her!

When she opened the box, she screeched so loud! Dave, who was working in the garage, came in to see what was wrong. We all enjoyed some delicious cake to celebrate.

Proud Grandma!


1 comment:

Ashley said...

How fun-and yummy!