Busy Bees

Sunday, July 31, 2011

We have been quite busy lately. Steve is basically working two full time jobs (he's taken on a side job that seems to be more time consuming than his real job). Of course it's nice to have the extra income, but sometimes I'd like to be able to spend some quality time with my husband.

Workwise, I'm not so busy as it's the summer and I'm off, but I've been keeping busy other ways. I've been doing tons of chores and organizing around the house. I hung an organizer thing in our garage to hold tools, such as the weed wacker, leaf blower, shovel, broom, etc. all by myself! I also took on my first tutoring job this summer and have been meeting with my favorite almost third grader twice a week. I didn't know exactly what to expect in taking on this job, but it's been fun. It definitely took a bit more planning than I anticipated in the beginning, but now things are much easier and I love spending a little time with Ellie each week.

Yesterday morning we decided to tackle another big item on our to-do list: painting our ceiling. Ever since we first visited the model home and saw how they painted the tray ceiling in the master bedroom, we couldn't wait to paint ours. Well, eleven months after moving in we finally got around to it. We had picked out a color back in December when we painted our bedroom. So we woke up Saturday morning, removed our mattress, covered everything up and got to work. 

After the first coat, we both weren't sure if the contrast was what we were hoping for. We couldn't decide if we had chosen the right color or if we should have picked one shade darker. We kept opening and closing the blinds, turning the light off and on to see how it looked. We decided we needed to go ask our friends that live in the model to check out their ceiling again. Then we made the ultimate decision that we needed to go one shade darker. Off to the paint store to buy MORE paint. Two coats later (it was a long day) we were finished and were a little unsure of our decision, but it's growing on us.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I love this! The darker color looks great. :)