Hair Woes
Thursday, June 9, 2011
I decided to try a new hair salon the other day. That's always a risky decision. I get nervous any time I go to get my hair cut, so going to a new place was extra nerve racking. I've been going to the same girl for quite a while now, but it's just not convenient from our new house. And to make it even more difficult, her schedule always seems to be booked lately so I can't ever get an appointment.
Anyways, the new place is the place my aunt goes to so I figured it would be okay. On my way there I was nervous, but slightly optimistic that I was going to have a new convenient salon and that I was going to leave with a cute haircut to boot. As soon as I get there, I notice the place doesn't look very modern. I start to worry for a minute, but decide it will still be okay. Then I met Denny. I talked about what I wanted - shoulder length, a little shorter in the back with the sides just a little longer (because the back of my hair grows much faster), and absolutely no angling by my face. He repeated it back and I was ready.
After the washing, he stared cutting. And cutting. And cutting. Then my heart started pounding and I was super nervous. He blow dried it. It wasn't shoulder length...it was chin length. It was definitely shorter in the front...with angling. Total FAIL. As soon as I left, I called Steve who nervously asked how it looked. Through tears I said, "I hate it."
I'm praying every day that my hair will miraculously lengthen over night!! I might have even bought the debated prenatal vitamins in hopes they really would make my hair grow faster. But I'll never tell.
Anyways, the new place is the place my aunt goes to so I figured it would be okay. On my way there I was nervous, but slightly optimistic that I was going to have a new convenient salon and that I was going to leave with a cute haircut to boot. As soon as I get there, I notice the place doesn't look very modern. I start to worry for a minute, but decide it will still be okay. Then I met Denny. I talked about what I wanted - shoulder length, a little shorter in the back with the sides just a little longer (because the back of my hair grows much faster), and absolutely no angling by my face. He repeated it back and I was ready.
After the washing, he stared cutting. And cutting. And cutting. Then my heart started pounding and I was super nervous. He blow dried it. It wasn't shoulder length...it was chin length. It was definitely shorter in the front...with angling. Total FAIL. As soon as I left, I called Steve who nervously asked how it looked. Through tears I said, "I hate it."
I'm praying every day that my hair will miraculously lengthen over night!! I might have even bought the debated prenatal vitamins in hopes they really would make my hair grow faster. But I'll never tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
1 comment:
Oh no! That is one of the things I hate most about military life is finding a hairstylist. Hang in there, I'm sure it looks cute. Plus it is summer so it will be back by school time!
Post a Comment