We're Officially Homeowners!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Steve and I waited nervously all morning as we waited for a phone call to let us know whether or not we were still on for our 11am settlement. Unfortunately, we received a call that our settlement had been delayed due to some last minute paperwork processing. We told them we were okay with delaying a few hours, but "we have to go to settlement today." We have appliance deliveries scheduled for tomorrow, along with our cable set up, and our moving truck reservation, so we couldn't push the date or it would greatly mess up all of our long term scheduling. Fortunately, all paperwork was completed and we were only delayed three hours. Our settlement only lasted about an hour and we came out homeowners with keys in hand!

We loaded up our moving truck yesterday and parked it at my mom's house, so as soon as we left closing we drove to her house, picked up the truck, drove to our new house and started unloading. Thanks to AJ, Chris, Russ, and Brian, we were able to get all of our things moved and unloaded pretty quickly. We had three truckloads of stuff that all got unloaded in no time! Steve and I treated the boys to some Z Pizza (thanks to a restaurant.com coupon I saved for the occasion!). We still have a few odds and ends left at our apartment, but those will have to wait for another day. Along with a thorough cleaning of the place.


It was certainly a long day, but totally worth it. Now we just have to unpack all these boxes we just finished packing and find new homes for everything! I'm tired just thinking about that, phew. But I'm SO excited! Steve took off work all this week and I don't start back to work until next Monday, so hopefully we will get a lot done and feel somewhat settled by the weekend.

2 comments:

A.K. said...

CONGRATS!!! so glad the settlement went through on time! enjoy!!!

Heather said...

yah! congrats! your home looks beeauuutiful!!!