Christmas

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Since our Christmas tree is still up (sans lights and ornaments, but still standing), I figure it's not too late to share our Christmas.

Christmas day was a little different for us this year. Steve and I used to do our own thing on Christmas day and meet up in the evening. Now that we're married, we wanted to be together for the entirety of Christmas day. I've always had two families to visit on Christmas. This year made three.

We started out by waking up at our place together on Christmas morning. We opened gifts and enjoyed our annual breakfast of monkey bread - it was delicious!









We then quickly switched to getting ready, loading the car with gifts and headed over to my mom's house. We opened gifts and shared a big meal with my mom's side of the family. This year, we tried a new gift exchange that was pretty fun. I ended up with two pre-lit little outdoor trees with urns (to hopefully grace the front porch of a new house next Christmas!) and Steve received a cookie scooper and a baking mat.





Next, we headed over to Steve's parents house to empty our stockings. It's tradition that we all get lottery tickets in our stockings. I was the only one to have winners - $6, yay!

Lastly, we headed over to my aunt's house to share Christmas dinner with my dad. We opened our secret Santa presents and enjoyed a delicious meal to finish off our day.






It was certainly a tiring day, but so full of love and family!

No comments: