Shoes
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
I have been extremely terrible about posting wedding planning updates. And as in terrible, I mean I think this is my first update.
Just a note before all the goodness. Wedding planning is stressful! It's like a second job, especially since we are trying to do a lot of the details ourselves. Don't get me wrong, it's also fun, but it's HARD. Really, I think I was about 13 years old at the most recent wedding I attended. At that time I didn't really pay any attention to the details of the wedding, the decorations, etc. I wish I did. Now I am in the midst of planning the biggest event I've ever had to put together and I have no.idea.what.I'm.doing.
Onto my shoes. I guess I should start by sharing that our main wedding color is tangerine. Originally, I thought it would be really fun to find some orange-ish shoes to kind of go along with the color scheme and to make things a little fun. I bought these shoes that I absolutely LOVE:

However, they were quite pricey and I decided I really didn't think I'd ever wear them again after the wedding. After wearing them around the house a few nights, I concluded they were too high for my comfort and ended up returning them.
Steve and I are attending a wedding at the end of May and I had to buy a semi-formal dress to wear. Of course, I needed some fancier shoes to go with my new dress, so my shoe hunt continued. I found these shoes at DSW:
They're pretty comfortable...and an added bonus...they look pretty good with my wedding dress as well. I think I would get my money's worth if I can at least wear them two times. I guess I should also tell you my dress is ivory. 
Just a note before all the goodness. Wedding planning is stressful! It's like a second job, especially since we are trying to do a lot of the details ourselves. Don't get me wrong, it's also fun, but it's HARD. Really, I think I was about 13 years old at the most recent wedding I attended. At that time I didn't really pay any attention to the details of the wedding, the decorations, etc. I wish I did. Now I am in the midst of planning the biggest event I've ever had to put together and I have no.idea.what.I'm.doing.
Onto my shoes. I guess I should start by sharing that our main wedding color is tangerine. Originally, I thought it would be really fun to find some orange-ish shoes to kind of go along with the color scheme and to make things a little fun. I bought these shoes that I absolutely LOVE:

However, they were quite pricey and I decided I really didn't think I'd ever wear them again after the wedding. After wearing them around the house a few nights, I concluded they were too high for my comfort and ended up returning them.
Steve and I are attending a wedding at the end of May and I had to buy a semi-formal dress to wear. Of course, I needed some fancier shoes to go with my new dress, so my shoe hunt continued. I found these shoes at DSW:
They're pretty comfortable...and an added bonus...they look pretty good with my wedding dress as well. I think I would get my money's worth if I can at least wear them two times. I guess I should also tell you my dress is ivory. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
2 comments:
ah so exciting to see you getting ready!how much time do you have until the "I do's"?
such cute shoes!
Post a Comment