First Bridal Shower

Friday, May 15, 2009

On Monday, I had my first bridal shower! One thing I love about working at the school I do is that everyone is SO awesome. At our school, we always throw a wedding shower or baby shower upon the announcement of such news. Mine was no exception. Debbie and Lisa, the other two kindergarten teachers, took it upon themselves to host the shower at Debbie's house after school.

I have to admit, I was really nervous about attending my first shower. I dreaded having to open gifts in front of EVERYONE and I wanted to be sure that my comments really expressed how very thankful I was for everything. In the end, everything was perfect and I survived just fine.

The table being set up - I just loved the bride and groom wine bottle decorations!

Most of the amazing crowd
Opening my gifts from the kindergarten team
The awesome chip and dip platter!
Sherry, making my beautiful bouquet
The yummy ice cream cakeAll the new gifts!
The only bad part was that I wasn't feeling so well the day of my shower and I went home feeling absolutely miserable. Steve was out of town for work, so I had to carry in all the new gifts in the pouring rain in the dark by myself. I went to the doctors the next day and...bronchitis. FUN! I didn't go back to work until Friday. Boy that shower knocked me out!

3 comments:

A.K. said...

sorry you were sick :( i was sick monday and tuesday- it stinks getting sick this close to the end!

looks like y'all got some nice gifts!

ps- who is the baby in the last post?!

Melissa said...

Haha, I guess I should have clarified..the baby is Gillian's. She is my best friend since kindergarten and maid of honor.

MeredithT said...

We do that too and I love it! I am so glad you got to celebrate with your work friends. They are such a big part of your life! Enjoy such a fun time!