First Day of Daycare
Monday, August 26, 2013
| Ready to go, so early in the morning! |
Today was your first full day of daycare. You cried when I dropped you off and my heart just broke to pieces. I held it together for you, but got a little teary in the car on my drive to work.
I feel so guilty about leaving you all day every day. I want to soak up every precious moment with you. I want to be present for all of your firsts. I am confident you will have so much fun watching and playing with the other kids. I know you are in loving hands with Nazneen. It's a big adjustment (for both of us!). We've spent so much quality time together during the past five months. I think four hours is the longest we've ever been apart, so today was especially hard for me.
You were a good boy today. You drank your bottles and even napped (which is the part I was worried about). You practiced sitting and enjoyed watching the other kids play. I was so very happy when it was finally time to pick you up! You gave me a little smile (you were already strapped in your car seat and a little unsure of what was going on), then you kicked your legs like crazy. Once you were in the car you were super happy. I think you recognized where you were and were excited to go home.
I know going to work/daycare will quickly become routine, but I'm already looking forward to the first holiday (Labor Day) when I get to spend extra time with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Melissa and Mince (as Steve's friends call him) - is our blog to keep you up to date with all the fun in our lives.
1 comment:
This post is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes. You're the BEST Mom and Charlie is one lucky little boy. I'm so proud of you Melissa! XOXO
Post a Comment