Steven und Nicole

Thursday, January 20, 2011

We went to Orlando in the beginning of January to celebrate Steven and Nicole. I have been friends with Steven ever since we were in the same 5th grade class. Steve was good friends with Steven in college, as they worked their way through the engineering program. They spent many late nights together working on projects, drinking car bombs, and whatever else they did.

Steve and I flew down on a Thursday evening and had a lovely dinner at Bahama Breeze. The next morning we woke up and prepared for a day at Universal Studios. I was too afraid to carry my camera around with me for all the rides, so I just have this one picture from the car to prove we were there.

We visited both Universal parks (thanks to our two-park tickets Steve found on Craigslist) and rode tons of roller coasters. We saw The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. While I'm not a Harry fan, the buildings and set up looked really awesome. Unfortunately, the lines for everything Harry Potter related were at least 90 minutes long, so we walked through the area, but that's about all. There was even a line for the candy shop.

Friday evening we stayed at the hotel and hung out with old friends. Most of whom I hadn't seen since high school. What's funny is everyone looked pretty much the same, just eight years later.

Saturday morning, Steve and I went to the outlet mall for a while to shop around. We only left with a $14 sweater for Steve. Not too bad. Then we went back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. It was a Hawaiian themed wedding, so even though temperatures weren't "beachy," I put on my best Hawaiian dress.

But I came prepared and wasn't going to let the weather get the best of me.

Can't forget Steve's handsome get up, too.

The wedding and reception were held at a cute little watersport resort place right down the road from our hotel. The wedding took place over looking the lake and the reception was under a little pavilion type thing.
 

As the wedding began, the groom and groomspeople arrived by boat. The setting really did make it feel quite tropical. I could have done without the chilly winds though. The ceremony was beautiful and incorporated many Hawaiian traditions.


 





We enjoyed ourselves immensely! My only wish is that we could have enjoyed a little bit warmer temperatures, but it was still a nice escape from the freezing temperatures at home.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

what a fun time! (love your dress!) :)