Rehearsal

Saturday, September 26, 2009

This post is very long overdue! I didn't remember to bring my camera to the rehearsal, so I had to collect a few photos from family members. I don't have very many, but need to continue my blogging because I am falling way behind.

Everyone was on time and ready, we just had to wait....for my dad. He finally showed up and we got things started. The church wedding coordinator was scheduled to be out of town for our wedding weekend, so we had a stand in. Things were a bit confusing, but everything worked out in the end.

Our typically shy flower girl had absolutely no problem figuring out her job
My proud dad
(He bought a new shirt just so that he could sport our wedding color for the rehearsal!)
My bow bouquet
Sorry, but that's all the rehearsal pictures I have! Everyone did great. The boys had to practice their escorting skills a little bit, but I knew they'd do just fine.

After we all rehearsed, we headed over to JR Steakhouse in Tysons for a delicious dinner. While traffic made things a little difficult, we eventually made it there to enjoy a fun evening with family and friends.

With mom and dad
Maid of Honor and best friend, GillMy gorgeous grandparents
My small gift to Steve (any myself, ha) at the end of my speech
You'll see these again as we sport them for our honeymoon departure :-)
After we all enjoyed our dinner, Steve's parents presented a lovely slideshow that they put together of Steve and me. We absolutely loved it! After spending a little more time with everyone there, it was time to say our goodbyes until tomorrow. Steve and I shared one last kiss before heading our separate ways for the night - Steve went to his parents house, I went to my mom's. We also decided together that we wouldn't talk again until seeing each other at the church. Our wedding party on the other hand, spent the rest of the evening out in Clarendon having lots of fun.

Once I got to my mom's house, I wasn't really nervous about the next day, but certainly excited. I really didn't think I would have any trouble falling asleep, but laying in my mom's guest room with no TV to distract me, my mind just wouldn't rest. I distracted myself by looking at my favorite wedding blog (www.weddingbee.com) on my iphone one last time until my eyes tired and I went to sleep.

I really wish I had more pictures of everyone that was there with us that night. It was such a lovely evening with the people we love most!

No comments: